Stockroom / Shipping Attendant
Who we are
For over 50 years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers and laboratory-grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives.
Based in Saline, Michigan, Sensors is an established instrumentation and systems manufacturer specializing in vehicle emissions analysis, serving customers all over the globe.
What you’ll do...
- Receive, verify, package, label, and shelf parts
- Pick and pull work orders and shorts for production, service, and engineering daily
- Deliver gas cylinders to work areas, as required
- Complete daily computer entry of misc. transactions and work orders
- Receive deliveries and assist unloading of incoming packages, as needed
- Attend to all stockroom customers’ requests for additional parts, ensuring that adequate documentation of all transactions is in place
- Act as back-up for shipping, receiving, and materials coordinator functions
- Assist in weekly cycle counts
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace
- Pull, pick and pack. Seal, label, and arrange for transportation of products. Prepare shipping and customs documents, i.e. BOLs, and commercial invoices.
- Contact carriers for pickup of shipments./li>
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies.
- Schedule shipments using online UPS / Fed-Ex software.
- Inspect shipments to ensure correct order fulfillment.
- Classify exported materials into tariff grouping to determine appropriate codes.
- Load goods manually or via forklift.
- Enter shipping information into computer.
- Determine freight rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Track shipments as necessary.
- Assemble boxes and crates as needed. Skid, band, and shrink-wrap as needed.
- Troubleshoot any shipping issues that may occur.
- Act as backup for receiving and other materials functions.
- Assist in weekly cycle counts.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
Skills/Qualifications you have...
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong and accurate computer entry skills, with knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing; experience with business information systems prized.
- Previous stockroom, receiving, or shipping experience; International shipping experience preferred
- Must be able to operate a forklift safely.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment, under time constraints and still meet deadlines.
- Must work well with others.
- Great attention to detail; documentation MUST always be accurate and complete.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds multiple times per day.
- Strong arithmetic skills; must have the ability to count repetitively and accurately.
- Possess legible handwriting.
- Professional communication skills, as this position interacts with vendors and all departments of the company.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in an independent, proactive, and self-directed manner. Will need to be appropriately assertive when necessary and able to handle several tasks at once in a timely fashion.
- Ability to maintain focus and composure even when under time or management pressure.
- Customer service mindset.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.