Junior Buyer Expeditor
What you’ll do...
The Buyer Expeditor procures materials, components, equipment, and services in a cost-effective and timely manner while meeting demand schedules and managing gaps. Responsible for planning and expediting activities to ensure timely delivery of documentation, materials, and equipment to meet project requirements. This position will regularly consult with leadership in production and materials departments and engineering when needed.
- Facilitate inventory and production schedules and work to support accelerating the process within organizations as needed
- Collaborate with production, purchasing and project management to facilitate material movement, inventory control, record keeping and scheduling
- Identify and work to close inventory planning and processing gaps
- Plan and place purchase orders, procure components
- Data entry and maintenance of purchase orders
- Communicate with suppliers about status of supplies
- Problem-solve to reduce impact of late shipments
- Submit purchase orders to vendors
- Negotiate fair market pricing with continuous monitoring
- Correspond and negotiate pricing and delivery dates with suppliers
- Assist in resolving pricing and invoice issues with suppliers/vendors in a timely manner
- Track and monitor supplier performance against key measurements
- Minimize excess material exposure and liability
- Balance the cost of procurement with inventory investment levels
- Expedite and verify the material pipeline to assure MRP requirements are met
- Strive to identify and implement continuous process improvements
Skills/Qualifications you have...
- Previous experience in purchasing, supply chain (purchasing and planning), production or process improvement
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, math and analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills: MS Excel (Advanced), Word, and Outlook
- Prior experience or at least familiarity with MRP/ERP
- Ability to analyze and present information to report at the management level
- Must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and creative with strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to move between projects and tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Manufacturing business experience
- DataFlo experience is helpful
- History of conscientiousness and integrity
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.