What you’ll do...
As a Manufacturing Project Engineer, you will lead the mechanical integration efforts for select product development of exhaust gas analyzer measurement benches and systems. You will participate in the manufacturing/quality portion of product development and release, including assembly and test procedures, quality checks, quality tracking in production, and SPC. A primary responsibility will be to continuously improve our processes and efficiency with modern lean manufacturing methods. Additionally, day to day activities will include:
- Design and develop analyzers, benches, and sampling systems for monitoring gaseous and particulate pollutants
- Perform detailed mechanical design and engineering analysis using Solidworks
- Specify components. Work closely with suppliers for purchased and fabricated parts to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Identify and initiate activities for thorough validation of design, responsible for mechanical robustness of all products
- Analyze, test, and modify designs to improve performance
- Perform root cause and DFMEA analyses
- Optimize designs for low to medium (from 10 to 1000 units per month) volume production yields
- Create specification for test stands
- Write test procedures
- Interface between Engineering and Production
- Provide training and technical support to manufacturing, technicians, operators, assemblers, and sales as needed
- Create or maintain templates or certificates for reporting
- Write internal reports as to status and technical merit of design/development
- Know and understand applicable regulations (PN-PTI, 1065, EU RDE, EU HDV, ISO 17025, etc..)
- Train and supervise engineers, technicians, operators, and assemblers
- Lead efforts on test stand specification and development
- Define database requirements and testing
- Responsibility for test procedures
- Create test certificates demonstrating compliance with regulations
- Implement Statistical Process Control techniques for high volume production
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes. Maximize yield and production efficiency
- Manage yield/scrap issues (root cause analysis, vendors, etc.)
- Help train technicians to diagnose and repair problem units
- Assist with managing and maintaining ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 requirements
- Assist with logistics for scaling the manufacturing lines demand fluctuations
Skills/Qualifications you have...
Bachelor of Engineer from an accredited university including training in lean manufacturing, six sigma and SPC. MS preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a mechanical design engineer, preferably with instrumentation
- Proficient with CAD and engineering analysis tools, preferably Solidworks
- Proficient with project management tools and procedures
- Practiced experience with stress analysis, fluid mechanics, vibration, and heat transfer
- Experience with high precision tolerancing required. Experience with optics a plus
- Experience with electronics integration into mechanical systems
- Prior instrumentation experience a plus
- Prior internal combustion engine exhaust emissions measurement experience a plus
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.