Who we are
Over the past 50+ years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers and laboratory grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives. Sensors, Inc., is accepting resumes for an immediate opening for a Technical Writer.
What you'll do
The Technical Writer will perform the following tasks: Collect, organize, analyze, and verify information for publication in a variety of technical documents for the company (e.g.: user guides, field repair manuals, service manuals, manufacturing and testing procedures, marketing communication collaterals) on an as-needed basis. And be responsible for all technical manuals, commercial and technical brochures and specifications sheets, document control (issuance of PN; verification of accuracy of information throughout all documents.) In addition, the Technical Writer will create operating instructions, user manuals, assembly instructions, and “frequently asked question” pages to support technical training of staff and customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organizes and writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses in print and digital formats (including web based and interactive technologies).
- Coordinates procurement, creation, display and production of all graphics (including photographs, drawings, diagrams, charts, animation, infographics). May include library and Internet research, interviews, and discussions with technical specialists.
- Selects appropriate medium for each for message and target audience. Standardizes content across platforms and media.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Periodically revisits and revises work product to maintain fresh, current, and accurate content. This includes gathering usability feedback from customers and engineers.
- Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Design Suite.
- Demonstrated track record of working with engineers in obtaining information and managing review cycles.
- Portfolio presentation required for skills demonstration.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of vehicle emissions testing.
- SolidWorks proficiency, with an ability to read 2D and 3D drawings.
- Demonstrated document control experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical writer.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.