Human Resources Manager
With 49 years of history, Sensors, Inc. remains one the area’s longest-lasting technology companies. How did it happen? We innovated our way to success time and time again! Now we need a new Human Resources Manager, a generalist who embraces the flexibility and advantages that come with a vibrant small company, and who wants to make a difference for the next generation and help continue our record of innovation. Come join our 100% employee-owned company as we continue to bring new emission measurement solutions to the marketplace and solve scientific problems for our global customers.
Our 85 employees, including an office in Germany and another in China, are spread between manufacturing, materials, and service; engineering, testing services, and product development; and sales and administrative departments.
Sensors’ Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the full gamut of HR functions, all in support of the prime function of keeping Sensors and our employees on an even keel:
- Administration. Ensure legal compliance and confidentiality in all areas. Prepare and submit annual 5500s and other governmental filings. Prepare reports and administer our AAP, process payroll, maintain employee manual, et al.
- Benefits. Maintain or enhance Sensors’ robust benefit plans, including self-insured medical, dental, vision plans, flex, 401(k), ESOP, life, AD&D, and miscellaneous ancillary benefits. Ensure employee-owners perceive value in their benefit package and trouble shoot any open issues with vendors. Source (if needed), develop, and maintain strong relationships with quality vendors. Understand contracts and service agreements. Ensure we get value for our investments.
- Compensation. Analyze and ensure internal and external equity. Advise and advocate as needed.
- Development. Assess and monitor staff and company competencies. Initiate, identify, or sponsor training for employee and management growth that also support organizational objectives. Create a new online performance appraisal system with input from staff and champion the process. Work with management to build skills. Improve personal HR knowledge through HR networking activities and organizations.
- Employment. Assess, build and retain a workforce capable of reaching Sensors’ goals. Be available to staff regularly as a sounding board or safety net. Conduct effective onboarding and off-boarding processes. Counsel employees and managers as needed. Build a sense of community through celebrations, communications, and consistency.
What would we like to see in a candidate? Ideally, you will bring to the table:
- Ten or more years of Human Resources experience, covering most, if not all, of the areas listed above
- +BA or MBA, preferably with a business or human resources concentration
- Strong computer skills, especially Word, Excel, and HRIS and payroll systems. Seriously, you cannot be effective in this job unless you are adept at learning and mastering new applications.
- Influential leadership style
- Absolute trustworthiness and the ability to inspire and maintain confidence of Sensors’ staff, vendors, and other external contacts
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external parties, both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills, including sensitivity to deadlines and commitments
- Decision making experience, with strong critical and independent thinking component
- Previous successful experience recruiting engineering and scientific talent
- Any foreign language is always valued
- Enthusiasm, coupled with follow through
- Payroll experience with Paycom or similar product
If you wish to be considered for this positon, please take the time to write a multi-paragraph cover letter explaining why you would be successful at Sensors and submit it and your resume by following the link here
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.