SEMTECH PFS: Particulate Filter System
The innovative filter holder uses the industry standard 47 mm filter cartridge along with custom inlet and outlet cones to achieve required filter face velocities for a wide range of flow rates. The system is controlled by a microprocessor, which directs the sample through one of three filters, or through a bypass using solenoid valves.
- 1065 Compliant: The SEMTECH PFS meets the US EPA 1065 compliance requirements for in-use testing.
- Direct Sample Path: Diluted sample is routed directly from the MPS to the PFS through a gas interconnect, which joins the bottom outlet of the MPS module to the top inlet of the PFS module.
- Quick Release Filter Holder Assembly: Easily change both filters and filter holders with this quick-release design to access all three filters at once.
- Graphical Panel Display: A full color, graphic touch screen displays live data, and enables system setup and basic functions.
- Power Supply Monitoring: Power can be either 12 VDC, 110 VAC or 240 VAC, with both current and voltage monitoring.
- Rugged Construction: The unit can be used off-road and in other harsh environments.
- Shock Resistance: The mechanical design has been optimized for resistance to shock and vibration, ensuring data in the most rugged of in-use environments.
- Design Details: Over a decade of experience in in-use emissions testing has gone into the design details of the SEMTECH ECOSTAR system, including:
- EMI protection, including gaskets, filters and capped connectors
- Stress relief for pneumatic connections
- Channels for cable management
- Standard Swagelok™ bulkhead connectors
- Rugged Deutsch connectors for power and auxiliary connectors
- Handles that lock to other SEMTECH ECOSTAR modules for stable system integration
|Sample Flow Rate||5 - 10 SLPM|
|Warm Up Time||60 minutes at 20°C ambient|
|Filter Element Diameter||47 mm|
(PM Contact Surface)
12 VDC; 110 - 220 VAC
|Storage temperature||Dry -10°C to 60°C|
|Operating environment||-10°C to 45°C ambient|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||43.6 x 31.1 x 18.0 cm
17.2 x 12.2 x 7.0 in
Interference & Susceptibility
|CE Standards: IEC 61326: 2002-2|
- GPS - The GPS/Weather Probe uses a GPS receiver to track the route taken by the vehicle.
- Vehicle Interface: Vehicle network data is obtained through the vehicle interface, recording important vehicle parameters along with the emissions data.
- Shock Mount Plate: This custom designed shock mount plate protects your equipment by absorbing the inevitable vibrations that come with in-use testing.