SEMTECH NOx: NO / NO2 Gas Analyzer
The analyzer meets the latest 2010 US EPA standards for vehicle emissions measurements, as defined in CFR40 part 1065, enabling laboratory grade measurements in a package that is rugged enough for both laboratory and in-use data collection.
- 1065 Compliant: The SEMTECH FID meets the US EPA 1065 compliance requirements for in-use testing.
- Signal to Noise: The LED light source can be operated at very high frequencies, enabling an excellent signal to noise ratio.
- 6 Temperature Controlled Zones: Six temperature controlled zones ensure accurate data throughout a wide range of ambient temperatures with minimal drift.
- Optimized Signal Processing: Pre-amplifiers and ADC converters are designed to optimize dynamic range and resolution. This enhances longevity in regards to sample cell contamination and normal UV source aging.
- Sample Conditioning: When used in conjunction with the SEMTECH FEM, the sample is filtered and cooled prior to analysis, minimizing contamination of the analyzers.
- Graphical Panel Display: A full color, graphic touch screen displays live data, and enables system setup and basic functions, such as zero and span.
- Power Supply Monitoring: Power can be either 12 VDC, 110 VAC, or 240 VAC, with both current and voltage monitoring.
- Dual Ports: Sample, air and exhaust ports are located on both the front face of the analyzer, and on the bottom. The bottom ports connect directly to the intake manifold of the SEMTECH FEM, for a fast, simple connection of the two units. Front ports are available for the stand-alone configuration.
- Rugged Construction: The unit can be used in harsh environments, including, for example, off-highway testing.
- Shock Resistance: The mechanical design has been optimized for resistance to shock and vibration, ensuring data in the most rugged of in-use environments.
- Design Details: Over a decade of experience in in-use emissions testing has gone into the design details of the SEMTECH ECOSTAR system, including:
- EMI protection, including gaskets, filters and capped connectors
- Stress relief for pneumatic connections
- Channels for cable management
- Standard Swagelok™ bulkhead connectors
- Rugged Deutsch connectors for power and auxiliary connectors
- Handles that lock to other SEMTECH ECOSTAR modules for stable system integration
|Power||12 VDC nominal (10.5 - 14.5 VDC); 110 VAC or 240 VAC|
|Warm-Up Time||60 minutes to meet specifications|
|Storage Temperature||Dry -10°C to 60°C ambient|
|Operating Environment||-10°C to 45°C ambient|
|Power Usage||168 Watts|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||43.6 x 31.1 x 13.5 cm
17.2 x 12.3 x 5.3 in
|Electromagnetic Interference and Susceptibility||CE Standards: IEC 61326: 2002-2|
|Max Range (Full Scale)||0 - 3000 ppm||0 - 1000 ppm|
To meet requirements
|300 ppm||300 ppm|
|Resolution||0.1 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|Linearity|||xmin x (a1 - 1) + a0 | ≤ 0.5% of span
Slope a1 between 0.99 and 1.01
Standard Error of Estimates (SEE) ≤ 1% of span
Coefficient of Determination r2 ≥ 0.998
|Accuracy||≤ ±2% of reading or ≤ ±0.3% of full scale, whichever is greater|
|Repeatability||≤ 2% of point or ≤ ±1% of span, whichever is greater|
|Precision||≤ 1% of span|
|Noise||≤ 2% of span|
|Zero Drift||≤ 4 ppm / hour
with Δt ≤ 10°C and using purified N2 as zero gas
|Span Drift||≤ ± 2% of span value with Δt ≤ 10°C|
|Rise Time (T10-90)||≤ 2.5 seconds|
|System Response Time (T10-90)||≤ 10 seconds with rise time ≤ 2.5 seconds|
|Data Rate||5 Hz|
|Sample Flow Rate (nominal)||1.5 lpm|
Gas Requirements & Consumption
|Maximum span gases for vehicle exhaust||NO 3000 ppm||1.5 l/min|
|NO2 1000 ppm|
|Zero Gas||Purified N2 or Purified Synthetic Air|
- Gas Interconnect: When used in conjunction with the SEMTECH FEM, the interconnect joins the 2 analyzers through a manifold, eliminating the need for additional pneumatic lines.
- Dust Filter: A standard Briggs & Stratton air filter is fitted into the filter box on the rear of the unit.
- GPS - The GPS/Weather Probe uses a GPS receiver to track the route taken by the vehicle.
- Low CO Optical Bench: Coming soon
- Vehicle Interface: Vehicle network data is obtained through the vehicle interface, recording important vehicle parameters along with the emissions data.
- Shock Mount Plate: This custom designed shock mount plate protects your equipment by absorbing the inevitable vibrations that come with in-use testing.