SEMTECH LASAR: Laser Absorption Spectrometer with Amplified Resonance
SEMTECH LASAR is an optical feedback, cavity enhanced, laser absorption spectrometer, capable of measuring both trace levels and high concentrations of a wide range of gases. This high precision, multi-gas analyzer has been designed with no moving parts, hygroscopic optics or liquid N2 cooling requirements and, therefore, has wide applicability.
- Trace Gas Analysis: The highly sensitive system is capable of measuring gases at ppb level.*
- Multi-Gas Analysis: The SEMTECH LASAR provides exceptional selectivity, enabling simultaneous multi–gas measurement without interferences, regardless of the composition matrix.*
- No Sample Pre-Treatment Required: Low pressure in the sampling system significantly reduces adsorption/desorption and removes water condensation in the line.
- No Drift: Information contained in the signal enables automated zeroing of the analyzer every 100 msec. Built-in advanced pro-active stabilization solutions and self-monitoring artificial intelligence enables long-term stability.
- Robustness: The SEMTECH LASAR contains no moving parts, no hygroscopic optics and does not require liquid N2 cooling, enabling wide applicability.
- Low Fouling: The sampling system enables low flow rate sampling without reducing sample transfer time. Deposition of contaminants in lines and filters is largely eliminated, significantly reducing system maintenance.
- Ease of Integration / Commissioning: The SEMTECH LASAR is pre-calibrated for your emissions measurement application. It includes a touch screen interface and on-board PC for local control and real-time display of results. The SEMTECH LASAR can be monitored over the internet, with immediate access to results, diagnostics, and raw signal information from any remote location.
- Traceability: 30 to 90 days of raw spectra and data collection and operation parameters are stored locally, enabling additional post processing of data for traceability and validation.
*Contact Sensors, Inc. to discuss your application and fully define the performance of your custom designed solution.
|Flow Rate:||3 - 9 L/hr at sampling point|
|Max. Sample Temperature:||600°C (1100°F) For higher temps, contact Sensors|
|Max. Sample Humidity:||H2O(g) < 30% - Standard; H2O(g)>30% - TBD|
|Sample Pressure:||1000 mbar ± 100 mbar @ sampling point - Standard; Higher sample pressures - optional|
|Sampling Line:||Non condensing conditions @ 50 - 100 mbar: PFA, PTFE, or Silcosteel Stainless Steel
Condensing conditions @ 50 mbar: 40C PFA, PFTE, or Silcosteel Stainless Steel Heated Lines
|Size:||Standard 19" 4U rack|
|Weight:||20 kg (44 lbs)|
|Options:||Wall Mounted; C1D1, C1D2, ATEX|
|Display / Control:||5.7" diagonal color touch screen|
|PC OS:||Windows® XP®|
|Standard:||Ethernet; RS232; RS485; Modbus/JBus|
|Optional:||10 Hz data refresh rate
Analog outputs; other I/Os on request
|Operating Temperature:||15-25°C (59-77°F) Standard
10-40°C (50-104°F) Optional
|Power Requirements:||< 200W; 110-220 VAC; 50-60 Hz|
|MODULE||GASES MEASURED / SPAN|
|NH3 (1000 ppm) - CO2 (30%) - H2O (30%)|
|N2O (100 ppm*) - CH4 (300 ppm) - NH3 (100 ppm)|
|NO (800 ppm) - CO2 (20 %) - H2O (20%)|
|NO2 (800 ppm) - CO2 (20 %) - CH4 (10 %)|
* - Up to 500 ppm extended range calibration available as an option.
The SEMTECH LASAR can measure gases from the ppb’s to 100% concentration levels with linearity of instrumental response up to 4 orders of magnitude.
The use of non-fibered lasers provides great flexibility in the selection of spectral range(s), providing the user with a wide array of calibration ranges, sensitivities and response times.
Please contact Sensors to discuss your application and our engineers will devise a configuration based on your analytical needs.