SEMTECH EFM-HS: High Speed Exhaust Flow Meter
Sensors’ High Speed Exhaust Flow Meter, the SEMTECH EFM-HS, replaces our EFM 2 and adds numerous capabilities and features to the product line. With a sampling rate of up to 2500 Hz and four differential pressure transducers, the EFM-HS accurately measures every forward and reverse flow pulsation from idle to maximum flow rate, and properly accounts for these pulsations in the exhaust flow determination. This is an advantage over low speed exhaust flowmeters which are susceptible to measurement error from high frequency pulsations.
- High Speed Sampling: The EFM-HS internally samples the differential pressure channels at up to 2500 Hz, accounting for every pressure pulse from an engine, from idle to maximum rpm. Standard output rate is 5 Hz.
- Embedded Calibration: Calibration coefficients embedded in the flow tube electronics are automatically recognized on connection, enabling multiple tubes to be used with one control module.
- Multiple Tube Sizes: Eight flow tube sizes accommodate engines from less than 0.8L displacement up to 24L. The available tube sizes are 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5", 3", 4", 5", and 6".
- Back Purge: A software controlled back purge pump is included in the flow tube assembly along with solenoids that route high pressure air backward through the pitot tube, purging contaminants and any condensation in the pressure lines. No dismantling is required.
- Auto Zero: With a single software command, internal solenoids open the pressure sensors to ambient air, allowing fast and easy zeroing while the engine is still operating.
- Rugged Construction: The unit can be used off-road and in other harsh environments.
- Heated Components: The averaging pitot tube and pressure lines are heated at the flow tube assembly in order to prevent condensation and freezing in cold weather. The differential pressure sensors are housed in a temperature controlled manifold in the control module for added stability.
|Exhaust Temperature Range||-5 to 700°C standard, higher temp capability available upon request|
|Exhaust Temperature Accuracy||±1% of reading or ±2°C, whichever is greater|
|Flow Measurement Linearity||< 1.0% of full scale (Exceeds 1065 Subpart D and ISO 16183 standards)|
|Flow Measurement Accuracy||±2% of reading or ±0.5% of full scale, whichever is greater|
|Warm-Up Time||< 5 minutes at 20°C ambient|
|System Response Time:||< 2 ms|
|Data rate||5 Hz standard|
|High Speed Option Data Rate||500 Hz (100 Hz display rate)|
|Power Requirement||12 VDC, 30 W; 110VAC|
|Control Module Dimensions||36cm x 18cm x 10cm (LxDxW)|
|Control Module Weight||4 kg (9 lbs)|
|Flow Tube Outer Diameter|
|Flow Tube Length (length including extension)|
|Flow Rate at 100°C (kg/hr)|
|Flow Rate at 400 °C (kg/hr)|
*Specs subject to change.
- High Speed Data Acquisition: Data output rate of 500 Hz is available.
- Stand-Alone Configuration: SENSOR Tech-EFMHS application enables system operation from a Windows environment.
- Customized Interface: Sensors can develop a customized device driver to interface with various host systems.