SEMTECH CPN: Continuous Particulate Number
The SEMTECH CPN measurement module closely follows the design specifications for the EU regulatory test cell particle measurement program (PMP), notably regulations ECE R83 and R49. The core technology employed is a condensation particle counter, as used in all PMP systems. The SEMTECH CPN can be operated independently, or together with its host, the SEMTECH LDV, to meet the requirements of the European RDE LDV program.
- Low Cost of Ownership: With little maintenance required, the CPN remains a low cost solution throughout the life of the system.
- All Day Testing: An optional large butanol reservoir ensures uninterrupted, extended testing.
- Real-Time Data: The system is capable of second-by-second data acquisition, for real-time testing.
- Large Dynamic Range: Two dilution stages are used, making the system capable of accurate measurements over a large dynamic concentration range.
- Portable System: The system is designed for real-world testing in a PEMS package. It can be used as a stand-alone measurement device.
- Heated Line: In order to maintain the integrity of the resulting data, the exhaust sample must be maintained at 100°C (+/- 5°C). Sensors has developed an innovative, low power, heated line that controls the temperature of the sample during transport to the CPN.
|Partcle Size (Lower Limit):||Minimum: 23 nm
Maximum: d50 (Correlation to PMP system demonstrated)
|Particle Concentration Range||CPC 0-104 #/cm3 Single count mode|
|Measurement Range||Adjustable by PND2 dilution ratio (Exceeds that of diffusion charger devices)|
(W x H x D)
|436 x 311 x 180 mm
17.2 x 12.3 x 7.1 inches
|Weight||Approximately 20 k (44 lbs.)|
|Power Requirements||12 VDC <200W at steady state (including 1m heated sampling line)|
|Operating Environment||-10°C to 40°C, 860-1020 mbar [up to 1500 m above sea level]|
- Heated Lines: Sensors has developed an innovative, low powered heated line that controls and maintains the temperature of the exhaust sample at 191 ± 5 °C.