SEMTECH CPM: Continuous Particulate Measurement
Sensors’ SEMTECH CPM utilizes an ion mobility technique (based on the Pegasor® PPS-M) whereby clean air is ionized and mixed with the sample, charging the particles. As charged particles exit the sensor (Faraday cup) their charge is measured with a sensitive electrometer. Accordingly, the SEMTECH CPM is a real-time PM measurement system that can be configured to measure either PM Mass or PM Number concentrations. The module can be employed as a standalone analyzer, or integrated with the SEMTECH MPS and PFS to provide a complete SEMTECH PM measurement solution for both real-world or laboratory applications.
- 1065 and EU ECE Reg. 49 compliant: The SEMTECH CPM meets the preliminary requirements for US EPA Part 1065 and EU ECE Reg. 49 compliance requirements for in-use testing, when integrated with SEMTECH MPS and PFS.
- PM Mass or Number: The module may be calibrated to accurately measure either particle mass or number.
- Flow-through transducer design: The CPM is designed to extract a diluted aerosol sample from either a third party diluter, the MPS or a CVS sampling system. This results in improved performance (humidity effects, pulsation effects, etc.) and greatly reduces service intervals.
- Protection from contamination while not in operation: The CPM module is configured with a zero air solenoid to enable real-time zeroing as well as providing a stand-by feature.
- Power supply monitoring: Power can be either 12 VDC, 110 VAC or 220 VAC, with both current and voltage monitoring.
- Rugged construction: This unit can be used off-road and in other harsh environments.
- Shock Resistance: The mechanical design has been optimized for resistance to shock and vibration, ensuring data acquisition in the most harsh environments.
- Design Details: Over a decade of experience in in-use emissions testing has gone into the design details of the SEMTECH ECOSTAR system, including:
- EMI protection, including gaskets, filters
- Stress relief for pneumatic connections
- Channels for cable management
- Standard Swagelok™ bulkhead connectors
- Rugged Deutsch connectors for power and auxiliary connectors
- Handles that lock to other SEMTECH ECOSTAR modules for stable system integration
|Measurement Technique||Ion Mobility|
|Minimum Particle Size||> 23nm (dependent on selected trap voltage)|
|Maximum Particle Size||< 2.5μm (dependent on measured particle size distribution)|
|Concentration||From 1μg/m3 to 250 mg/m3|
|Response Time||< 0.3 sec|
|Maximum Data Rate||10Hz (high speed internal averaging)|
|Power Requirement||12 VDC; 110-220 VAC|
|Storage Temperature||Dry -10°C to 60°C|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 45°C ambient|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||43.6 x 31.1 x 17.9 cm
17.2” x 12.2” x 7.1"
Interference & Susceptibility
|CE Standards: ICE 61326:2002-2|