Sensors, Inc., a global developer and manufacturer of emissions measurement systems and gas analyzers for engine and vehicle development, and regulatory applications, is accepting resumes for an immediate opening.
Position responsibilities include:
- Design and build tests and test stands for instruments and systems; maintain and train staff on use.
- Troubleshoot technical production issues and resolve problems
- Write procedures and design test reports.
- Ensure calibrations of equipment and test stands are conducted in a timely manner and cause the least possible interference with production schedules.
- Source, validate, set-up, and implement new tools or equipment.
- Update and maintain Access database for Service.
Candidates need to have:
- 2 yr electronics degree or BS in engineering, physics or chemistry
- Ability to analyze test results and determine appropriate remedial action
- Ability to spec and/or design electronics circuits for test stands and establish software requirements
- Familiarity with pneumatics, flow diagrams and mechanical design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional organization skills (5S is appreciated)
- Computer skills, particularly Excel, Access, and Word, and the ability to set-up and configure computers; network experience.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. regularly, up to 50 occasionally; kneel; squat, climb; push; work from a lift basket occasionally; use tools.
- Working knowledge of gas analysis techniques such as IR and UV spectroscopy, FID, and sample handling systems
- Analytical and technical skills for troubleshooting systems, boards, and components
- Board repair experience, including PCB or SMT soldering, with the ability to troubleshoot to the component level
- Programming experience, especially using Visual Basic or C++ in a Linux or Windows environment
- Military electronics experience preferred, especially in avionics
To be successful, the Test Engineer must effectively solicit help from all departments of the company, compile information in an organized manner for future reference, and be able to lead small cross-functional teams with influence rather than authority. Personal flexibility is essential, as priorities and work assignments can change quickly and frequently; this is an unsuitable position for individuals who cannot accommodate change easily.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Click here to apply. Once on the job application page, click on "Test Engineer".