Sensors, Inc., a global developer and manufacturer of emissions measurement systems and gas analyzers for regulatory applications, as well as engine and vehicle development, is accepting resumes for an immediate need. Headquartered in Saline, Michigan, with offices in Europe and Asia, Sensors counts among its customer base the world’s leading gas and diesel engine manufacturers and national and regional environmental government agencies.
The Quality Engineer ensures that Sensors’ products are built and shipped to our customers as designed and intended and that all quality related systems of the plant are designed and documented to provide a safe and effective product. In addition to daily inspection and coordination duties, the QE will implement quality assurance, International Standard Organization (ISO) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), 5S, or other effective internal continuous improvement programs.
- Release product or materials in three stages: Receiving, In-Process and Final Inspection.
- Communicate key issues to management and the organization. Manage QA effectiveness, providing information and metrics to management. Provide corrective action and root cause analysis.
- Approve the disposition of all non-conforming products and changes to documentation.
- Develop, implement, review and re-evaluate product reliability and maintainable systems. Apply knowledge and experience to identify and implement quality assurance standards and processes, including process improvement, test strategies, plans, and cases.
- Maintain calibration schedule for all production test equipment, ensuring shipment schedules are not delayed needlessly.
- Direct and review internal or external quality audits and follow up on any action plans.
- Ensure systems and products comply with applicable government regulations. When required, act as a liaison for government or regulatory agencies.
- Ensure suppliers meet specifications thru a vendor qualification and certification program, in cooperation with Materials management.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the product life cycle, including the identification and resolution of software defects.
- Direct any customer complaint investigations as requested by management. Ensure customers’ needs are met and maintain/improve relationships to achieve Sensors’ goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS in Engineering or Business or equivalent experience; formal Quality Assurance Engineering education or training an asset.
- Five+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Management roles; especially valued is instrumentation or automotive manufacturing QA experience.
- Experience defining test strategies, test plans, comprehensive test cases and scripts, including automated testing, that can improve the quality of Sensors’ products.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and detail-oriented skills while working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to anticipate and avoid roadblocks inherent in any manufacturing environment.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and to establish and maintain effective relationships with these customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- ISO 9001 implementation experience and/or Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ, CQE, 5S, GMP, and CQM certifications are assets.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate and facilitate technical, business and analytical discussions across all disciplines both verbally and in writing.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Click here to apply. Once on the job application page, click on "Quality Engineer".